Once a month, I round up some of the inspiring, intriguing and interesting things that I’ve read and written recently and share them all with you.
- “You can’t sit there and wait for things to fall into your lap. You’re in charge of your life, so go after what you want.” Joy Cho, Designer/Blogger in In the Company of Women by Grace Bonney
- When I’m writing, I’m always looking for the “hook” in a story. But at the Olympics some of the storytelling ‘hooks’ hurt female athletes
- More Ontario women becoming entrepreneurs–and I’m one of them
- Behind the scenes with Justin Trudeau’s personal photographer and some interesting thoughts on the power of images
- Sticking with the power of images, how a home decor blogger grew her Instagram following rapidly and organically
My writing elsewhere:
- I reviewed the Mighty Paw treat pouch (spoiler alert: the dog gave it two paws up)
- I love it when architecture surprises me. This home definitely did. Plus, there’s a bathtub that looks like a hammock (!) and sheep (#countrygirl).
- How to get a dog to tolerate nail trims
- A home restoration that respects the past
- A stunning island home that embraces the sea
- Summer on the farm has been all about the great outdoors and growing things: monarch butterflies, saucy sunflowers, apples, rosehips and of course the vegetable garden
- We’ve also squeaked in a few DIY projects at the farm. I wrote about how we ran a new waterline to irrigate the vegetable garden and I shared a progress report on my summer to-do list.
- A tale (or tail?) of two vet visits — How the right vet makes all the difference
- How to create a home that tells a story