Once a month, I round up some of the inspiring, intriguing and interesting things that I’ve read and written recently and share them all with you.
- What a month. This round-up could easily be completely political, but I’m going to limit myself to just one link. The letter Aaron Sorkin wrote his daughter after Donald Trump was elected president is wonderful. And an example of why I wish The West Wing was real life.
- Now for happier happenings… like the beautiful photo above from Blake Hill House. The fall One Room Challenge concluded a few weeks ago. Over this six-week challenge, more than 200 bloggers each make over one room. Having participated myself twice, I know the commitment the ORC takes but also the motivation it brings to completely finish a whole room. If you’re looking for inspiring interiors, Calling It Home (the brainchild behind the ORC and host blog) is the place to go.
- Remembrance Day is an important day for my family. This month I read All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (not an affiliate link). It was a powerful story and a different perspective on World War II than I’ve read in awhile.
- How to develop and manage freelancers
- Fear vs. Ambition vs. All or Nothing Thinking spoke to me and where I’m at right now.
My writing elsewhere:
- I may not have participated in the most recent ORC, but I finally revealed the results of one of our own DIY renovations. Our black and white bathroom is done–and it’s beautiful.
- Other people’s home renos: an eye-catching makeover for a sad sixties home and a traditional home gets an elegant, family-friendly update
- Two modern homes: one that reimagines home design in new ways and another that offers a geometric interpretation of natural elements
- For all of those Americans planning their moves to Canada, what to look for when shopping for your new Canadian home
- Fall on the farm has been about highs (the thrifting score of the year), lows (that time my husband dropped a 2×4 on my head) and watching the weather (the milkweed’s gone to seed, our first cover crop is up in the garden, we set a record for warmest temperature in November and had our first snowfall–all in the matter of two days).
- As the cold weather rolled in, the dog put the Element Jacket from EzyDog to the test
- How to teach your dog to crawl and twirl
- Why you should not talk to your dog