I’m doing my last post of the month a week early because as of the end of this week, I am on holiday.
To close out 2016, I’m rounding up some of the inspiring, intriguing and interesting things that I’ve read and written recently and sharing them all with you.
I also want to share the warmest holiday wishes to you and your family.
- A glimpse of what goes into blogging… and the case for why bloggers should be compensated
- I love the idea of a book personalized to me… ahem… or the special children in my life
- Words have power: How a small shift in your vocabulary can instantly change your attitude
- Fellow word nerds, 2016’s word of the year is… surreal. Yup, I can get on board with that.
My writing elsewhere:
- ‘Tis the season to write about Christmas: Christmas decor without the kitsch, Branching out beyond the traditional Christmas tree, How to make sure your dog is comfortable and safe during a party
- ‘Tis not the season to be gardening, but I still am: insulating plants and combatting weeds with a deep straw mulch and protecting new grape vines with a burlap wrap
- Ten tantalizing tile trends
- The ever-versatile and oh so trendy vintage bar cart
- Home security tips for country dwellers