I’m Julia Thomson, principal consultant for 129 Communications.
Want to know more?
By the numbers
- 15 years of professional communications experience.
- Served as editor for 6 publications–a community newspaper, an alumni magazine, newsletters both print and email. I’m currently the editor for SNAP Cambridge.
- 4 years managing a personal blog focused on DIY home renovation and country living. In 2015, my blog had 72,000 annual views from 135 countries.
- Tripled media coverage for the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University and made the business school the second most visible faculty at McMaster and in the top five schools in Canada.
- Led communications strategy for $130-million fundraising campaign at Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Oversaw the websites and social media for Development & Alumni Relations at Wilfrid Laurier University and the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University. Managed two comprehensive web redesigns, including new content management systems, e-commerce, event calendar and registration, email marketing, restructuring information architecture and full content update.
What’s with the 129?
129 is where I get my energy and inspiration. Quite simply, 129 is home. Not my address. My acreage.
I live on a 129-acre farm with my husband, our rescue dog and the #worldsbestbarncat.
Much of my writing comes from the things I’m passionate about:
- Home renovation
- Sustainability (solar panels, geothermal, homegrown food and conserving our wetlands and forests are all part of daily life)
- Real estate
- Finances and budgeting
- Animal care, behaviour and training
… just to list a few.
Do you want to share what you’re passionate about? Contact me to find out how I can help spread the word.